Costs to join the CHG are $25 per year. This fee helps pay for the quarterly issue of the front as well as mailing costs for event flyers. The club dues are also used to pay for the one million dollars of liability insurance the CHG must have.
The 12 th SS has a unit fund. Yearly dues for the fund are $60 (based on your ability to pay). This money is mainly used for: Mailings of the Panzer Pimpfe, the unit’s newsletter, restoration and transportation of unit vehicles, and the purchase of loaner gear, blank ammunition etc..
Below are estimated costs for your individual impression. (It should be noted that individuals are encouraged to acquire their personal gear in a timely matter, however this is completely dependent on your financial situation. The unit does have loaner gear for those who are still putting their impression together).
1) Field gray uniform (tunic, pants, and field cap w/ insignia) $150-200
2) K 98 rifle (WW II German manufacture) $300-450
3) Boots (w/hobnails, toe cleats, and heel irons) $200
4) Belt and buckle $50
5) Y-straps $60-75
6) Gas Mask Canister $80-100
7) Canteen $90
8) Mess Kit $40
9) E-tool with leather carrier $80
10) K 98 bayonet $90
11) K 98 ammunition pouches $60
12) M-42 steel helmet $100
13) Camouflaged Pullover smock $150-200
14) Camouflaged Helmet Cover $50
15) Camouflaged Zeltbahn (shelter quarter) $75
*Prices subject to change based on availability and vender