Stoewer R200

In 1936 Stoewer factory developed the light off-road car (le.E.Pkw, leichter geländegängiger Einheits-PKW) for the Wehrmacht, a versatile four-wheel drive car, initially equipped (to 1940) with four-wheel steering. Due to capacity-problems the cars had also been produced at BMW-Factory Eisenach as BMW 325 and by Hanomag in Hanover as Type 20 B. Together the three manufacturers made a total of ca. 13.000 units.

 

BACK TO VEHICLES